Monday, May 23, 2011

Coffee Talk Monday... The Providence Granola Project



I am obsessed with gifts that give month after month. I especially love the wine of the month clubs that are so much fun for people that love getting to try new vineyards and wines that you may never have picked up if it hadn't arrived as part of the monthly shipment.  It is always a surprise when the box arrives and a really amazing treat when you open it to find the gift of the month.  I was especially thrilled when I was gifted Granola of the month for the holidays from a colleague and friend that I get the privilege of working with throughout the year.  I had no idea that in addition to having the most fabulous photobooth business he is also a founder of the Providence Granola Project

The Providence Granola Project was conceived as a way to provide job skills and work experience to Providence's newly arrived refugee community. Currently they have employees from Burundi, Iraq, and Sudan who lovingly make their granola from scratch in the Amos House kitchen.  And I can tell you it is the best granola I have ever had (my favorite was the Dark Chocolate Cherry in December).  So YUMMY!  This makes such a great gift and also supports an amazing cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...