Monday, July 18, 2011

Coffee Talk Monday... Newly Maid

Have you ever wondered what to do with your bridesmaid dress after being in a wedding?  I know I still have a collection of dresses in my closet that have only been worn once but cost a good amount of money.  Thank God the trend for bridesmaid dresses has shifted to brides looking for something that their bridal party can re-wear after the wedding. J.Crew, Jenny Yoo, and Thread are doing an incredible job of doing just that, there are so many dresses in their collections I am dying to own!  This weekend was a perfect example of a line of dresses that I just adore.  I couldn't get enough of the gorgeous detail on every one of the dresses selected by Emily for her bridesmaids.  The girls looked stunning in all different dresses from the Thread collection in a gorgeous cobalt blue.


But for those of you out there that haven't been as lucky and have a collection of dresses in your closet, like I do, that I will never wear again, you must check out this site Newly Maid.  It is brilliant!  You simply mail in your old dress and receive a little black dress in return.  The dresses you send in are either recycled or donated to organizations around the globe for people less fortunate.  Click here to learn more about how it all works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...